Live the Dream, Enjoy the Journey, and Thank You for being part of mine.

A very long short life (so far):

As a little girl, I'd climb up onto the roof of our single story ranch house and sit out looking at the country side. I would think the deepest thoughts that I could think...searching for adventure and wondering if anything was out there. I would imagine the creek behind our house led to far off places (if I could only construct a boat and devise a plan of course.) I was sure undiscovered creatures lurked amongst the tall grasses to the west of our house. To the East, a long stretch of pine trees housed infinite childhood stories of tree climbing, building forts, hide and go seek and the like. We had winters of wonder, the fresh awakening of spring time, sunlit dew droppy summers, and crisp invigorating autumns full of color. We had everything a childlike heart could ever dream of. We had each other. My brother and I used to be monkey see monkey do, and then my parents added two! (Rhyme intended.)

As I grew older and more aware of the relationship dynamics within my home, my trips to the roof became more of an escape. Instead of dreaming of what could be within our ten acres, I began to hope for someone to hear the cries that were lingering within in my heart. I began to imagine ways that I could win my Mother's love, or be the apple of my Father's eye. I imagined being able to say or do something that would make them happy and fix their relationship. As a grown woman looking back on this time, I wish I could go sit up on the roof with that little girl and spare her from the years that were coming. I wish I could hold her in my arms and tell her how very loved she is, that God see's her. I wish I could tell her that it's not her responsibility to fix anything, and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with her. Then, I would tell her to keep dreaming. Dreaming of what could be and to always hold onto hope...even when the world is not cooperating.

If my words could not prevent the dark days that were ahead of her, then I would tell her to hold on. That one day, she would once again be surrounded in the love and light that she felt in the very early years. One day, the dreamer inside would find her voice and a place for her thoughts. A safe place and a refuge.

My Art is what it is because I have a Sanctuary. I believe God meets me there. I really do. I feel loved and see things as they should be instead of as they are. Some pieces are landmarks in my journey. They usually mean something else to people who come across my prints (and so art goes ;o). When I see them, I see the answer to a prayer, a question I've lingered over and found resolve to. I see healing, hope, joy, clarity...and so on.

I have so much more to say on this matter...and someday I'll finish this page. For now, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making a cyber pit stop on my page. I hope your day is filled with warmth and that you know you are loved today and everyday!

0 comments:



Post a Comment