Rejection

Here is a concept I need to grasp and take to heart. I mean, to the very core of my heart; until it pumps through my veins and invades every thought I have. REJECTION is a part of life and nothing to be feared.


"Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer." J.R.R. Tolkien


What? Somebody thought Tolkien was anything less than a literary genius? Huh? Well, now I have something to chew on.

Here I thought that criticism was beneficial on every level and to be taken very, very seriously. No, no, no! The nay sayers are not here for edification, unless to strengthen the resolve and commitment that may be wavering in the winds of doubt. If I do not believe and trust the vision in my heart, than how can I expect anyone else to? It is a misconception to think that if a piece is of any value, then it will liked by the majority.

In keeping with this realization, those who have gone before me blazing paths of inspiration, have all faced the inevitable wall of rejection and discouragement, and climbed, busted through, or walked around those walls to fulfill the vision within there heart. Onward march!!!!

0 comments:



Post a Comment